The National Youth Workers Convention (NYWC) is a gathering of people from all around the country (and the world!) who work with and care about teenagers. It’s an opportunity for you and your team to get training, be inspired and encouraged, do some bonding and team building, and have fun!
You can expect opportunities to do what you need most. We design the event to offer you as many choices as possible, allowing you to fill your schedule as much or as little as you’d like. Some attendees will try to attend every seminar and session possible. And the opposite, some attendees will use the time to rest, pray, reflect, network.
People come to NYWC for a number of reasons:
- Training and Learning – NYWC offers over 80 practical training seminars led by youth ministry veterans, professors, and in-the-trenches practitioners.
- Soul Care and Sanctuary – You’ll find places for you to care for your soul, whether you spend time in worship in the big room, our prayer chapel, visiting our Sanctuary, or in a meeting with a spiritual director.
- Resources – YS Store is stocked with books, curriculum, and videos that are designed to make it easier for you to do ministry with teenagers. In addition, we have the largest youth ministry exhibit hall, full of tools and resources, to help you in ministry.
- Community – If you come to NYWC alone, you’ll never be lonely. Join a family room to engage with others who share your passion, make new friends or bond with your ministry team.
- Inspiration and Encouragement – Our Big Room sessions are designed to engage you in teaching and worship to affirm your calling through speakers and artists that will touch your heart, make you laugh and remember why you are a youth worker.
But the one thing everyone has in common is a desire to see the teens they work with follow in the way of Jesus.
We pack the schedule full, but we leave it up to you to decide how much or how little you participate. We’ve got something for everyone—the early birds and the night owls, and everyone in between.
Please let us know if you have any questions! You can call us at 888.346.4179 or send us email at email@example.com.
Youth Specialties (YS), a ministry of Real Resources, creates and produces the National Youth Workers Convention, and has done so for over 40 years. Youth Specialties has been training and equipping youth workers since the 1960s, and is solely devoted to helping people who care about teenagers find effective ways to minister to them in any context. The Leadership Team consists of Mark Matlock, Doug Fields, and Kara Powell.